How do you get the best performance out of your Central Air Conditioner?
Spring is finally here and now is a good time to think about getting ready to use your air conditioner. Before the first heat wave hits, there are 5 things that you can do in your home to °help you enjoy the best in comfort and efficiency that your HVAC system can deliver.
1) If you have a by-pass style humidifier, the damper must be closed when using the air conditioner, and the humidistat should be turned to the OFF position. If the humidifier filter looks dirty remove it and replace it with a new one.
2) Check the furnace air filter and replace a dirty filter with a new one.
3) When using the air conditioner, the basement registers should be closed as cold air is dense and will naturally fall into the basement anyways. Check all the registers in the home to make sure they are all set fully open, keeping in mind that rooms that cool easily may need the registers to be partially shut.
4) Make sure to check that all the windows in the house are shut and close any window coverings on the southeast and southwest windows, which can really reduce solar heat gains, saving you money!
5) Check that the air conditioning breaker is set to ON
Now it’s time to look outside of your house where the AC Unit sits. Remove the winter cover and make sure that the unit looks clean, as an accumulation of debris on the condenser coil fins will reduce the efficiency of your air conditioner and increase your operating costs. The first warm day we get this season is the best time to test your AC to see if it comes on. Set the thermostat to ‘COOL’ and listen for any unusual noises. If everything sounds good to let the system run for 10-15 minutes. By that time the air coming out of the registers in your home should feel cold on your hand and be approximately 20°F colder than room temperature.
If your Air Conditioner or Furnace are causing you any concerns, it’s time to call on one of our fully licensed technicians to help you with your HVAC needs. Contact Twintech Heating & Cooling at 1.844.894.6832 for professional assistance if you are looking to repair or replace your air conditioner or furnace.
See What Our Customers Are Saying:
They were very friendly and took care of everything. The install looks great (and works great), they were very knowledgeable. Installed our a/c efficiently despite the difficult install location both inside and outside and they made it work.
Phenomenal service, so glad I found these guys a few years back after being "hosed" badly by 3 other companies. I've recommended them to so many, and they all are so thankful.
This company is fantastic. Dave came out and gave me a very honest and reasonable quote, unlike a quote received from another company. I had a bunch of questions that were easily answered and when I had questions regarding heating/cooling a previously unheated room above the Garage, Dave arranged for Greg to come out for an assessment of this new space and gave me his recommendation along with his professional thoughts on all of my options.
These guys have been nothing but Professional, honest and helpful along the way. I can't recall the two other guys doing the install, but they were great as well. Good workmanship, everything was cleaned up and everything functions as promised. I could go on and on about my experience, but it's all positive so what more could you want?
Give them a call, see for yourself. If I had to buy another furnace/AC or heat pump, they'd be my first call.
I hired twin tech to convert my townhouse heating from electric to gas and install a furnace and a/c unit. I had talked with many other vendors, and received several quotes, but chose them, and very happy I did. Here are some of the reasons why:
1. They were realistic about the timeline for the work, when they could start and how long it would take. (They said upfront, it was their busy season and would need to get back to me in 3 weeks, which they did):
2. They had a quote with options for me. They were clear about the entertainment of what they would and would not do (they’d build duct work, id need another contractor to box in ductwork). This allowed me to plan as I was my own general contractor for my renovations).
3. They spoke to me in a language I understood, neither too technical nor too simple. They answered all my questions as I had them. Everyone is so lovely to work with, the sales team and the contractors who are worked in my home.
4. It’s been 4 m since the work was complete. They still answer my emails and my furnace is working very well!
I unabashedly recommend! Price, customer care and quality workmanship were all amazing!
On one of the coldest days of winter, our furnace stopped working. Our regular furnace company came and told us we had a CO2 leak and shut us off. Their quote for a new furnace was way too high and they couldn't even install it on the same day. TwinTech was recommended to us by a friend. We called and spoke to Dave who was very nice and knowledgeable. Grant showed up a short time later and a new furnace was installed the same day with no troubles at all. Best of all, we received a higher-end furnace than what was offered by our previous company and at a cheaper price. I would recommend TwinTech with no hesitation at all.